The Pharmacotherapeutic groups (PT groups) 1 to 4 are responsible for the assessment of allopathic medicines. They make clinical assessments, provide scientific recommendations and assess (reports of) adverse events after authorisation. They make proposals to the MEB for authorisation or acceptance of changes. They also handle regulatory aspects (monitoring the European and national procedures), process coordination, management support and inspection of product information texts.
PT group 1
PT group 1 assesses (groups of) medicines in the following areas:
- central nervous system
- musculoskeletal system, excluding osteoporosis
Head of unit: Mr. Bart Hoogveldt, tel. +31 (88) 2248547
PT group 2
PT group 2 assesses (groups of) medicines in the following areas:
- cardiovascular system
- diabetes and obesitas
- (benign) gynaecology, including reproduction and contraception
- nephrology, including fluids in use for renal-replacement therapy
- benign hematology, including plasma products.
Head of unit: Mr. dr. A.H.G.J. (Ad) Schrijvers, tel. +31 (88) 2248245
PT group 3
PT group 3 assesses (groups of) medicines in the following areas:
- immunomodulators, including transplant products
- respiratory organs and upper respiratory tract, including allergens.
Head of unit: Mw. Sujata Sengupta, tel. +31 (88) 2248249
PT group 4
PT group 4 assesses (groups of) medicines in the following areas:
- infectious diseases
- lysosomal storage diseases and enzymatic liver disorders (urea cycle disorders)
- gastrointestinal disorders (e.g. Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s disease, other inflammatory bowel diseases, functional gastrointestinal disorders, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease)
- urology, including erectile dysfunction
- endocrinology, including male reproduction
- parenteral nutrition
- vitamins and minerals
- fluids for use in hospital.
Head of unit: Mr. A.I.M. (Fons) Wesseling, tel. +31 (88) 2248313