Request form for permission to carry out tests with additives for animal feed

If you want to put animal feed on the market with an additive that has not (yet) been licensed, the additive has to be examined first before the licence can be requested. You can apply for permission to carry out tests. You can also apply for an extension or change to the testing for the additive. No permission whatsoever can be granted for antibiotics.

The Veterinary Medicinal Products Unit handles the request. After permission has been granted, the Food and Consumer Products Safety Authority (NVWA) are informed and they may carry out checks. These checks are intended for confirming that the tests are being carried out in accordance with the conditions.