Budget and annual plan
On an annual basis, the Executive Management submits the budget and annual plan to the Ministry for approval.
The budget comprises the financial objectives and frameworks. The annual plan comprises the following:
- Operational and financial objectives
- The strategy to be used in order to achieve these objectives
- Related risks and measures
- The preconditions that apply when achieving the strategy and objectives
- Proposed rates
- The organisation uses risk analyses for its internal risk management and control system, specified in the annual plan for the entire organisation and for individual departments), and a quality management system (an internal audit system, ISO 9001:2008 certified).
The MEB also uses a monitoring and reporting system as follows:
- An objectives monitor (3x a year) which the MEB departments use as a basis to report on the proposed objectives for the calendar year.
- Integrity reports contained in annual reports or arising from incidents during consultations between managers and Executive Management.
- Data security contained in annual reports or arising from incidents during consultations between managers and Executive Management.
The following are responsible for monitoring operations:
- The Finance, Quality & Control Department, which is responsible for audit policy, implementation and reports
- The Policy, Administrative & Regulatory Affairs Department, which is responsible for integrity policy, implementation and reports
- The Human Resource Management Department, which is responsible for declarations when new employees enter into service, and for monitoring the annual declarations (staff policy)
- The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports
- The Government Audit Department and the Financial and Economic Affairs Department at the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports.
Applicable regulatory framework at the MEB Agency
- Decree establishing the MEB Agency
- Regulations governing the Agencies
- Management agreement between the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports and the MEB Agency
- Planning and audit cycle at the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports (budget, annual plan, proposed rates)
- General Civil Service Regulations: being a good employee (integrity)
- MEB Code of Conduct on Integrity
- Regulations drawn up by the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports
- Quality management system
- MEB Strategic Business Plan
- MEB Annual Report